7 Shows You Should Binge Watch on Netflix Right Now


One of the first things you should know about me is that I love to watch TV. Yeah, I know; that doesn't sound great. Watching TV is just about the laziest thing you can do and still call it a hobby (can you even call it a hobby?). But after loads of school, homework, and running, melting into my bed with my laptop is actually heavenly. I have a lot of favorite TV shows, so I'm gonna share with you which ones will turn you into a Netflix addicted zombie for sure.

1. The Office

The Office is first on this list because I've recently been rewatching all of it. And let me tell you, The Office is definitely material for rewatching. Some TV shows, no matter how good they are, are kind of a one and done deal; you watch, you enjoy, you move on. The Office is a show that will have you rewatching it over and over again and laughing just as hard every time. It's a mockumentary style show that follows the employees of an ordinary office in Scranton, PA. It's a really quirky and unusual show and it's absolutely hilarious.

2. Parks and Recreation

Parks and Recreation and the Office are kind of a package deal; almost everyone I know who loves one loves the other as well. It's a mockumentary just like The Office, but it follows the Parks and Recreation Department of a fictional town, Pawnee, in Indiana. Some people say it's a spinoff or even a ripoff of The Office, but this is a show that definitely hold it's own. I think the humor is a little more obvious than the sometimes subtle wit of The Office, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you like your comedy. 

3. Grey's Anatomy

Ah, Grey's Anatomy. I'm pretty sure this was one of the first shows that I seriously got emotionally attached to. It's a medical drama that focuses on the lives of surgical interns and doctors at a hospital in Seattle. It's currently on its twelfth season (Has it gone on too long? Some say so, but I'm not prepared for it to end). The first six or seven seasons were definitely Grey's in it's prime, but once you start, you won't be able to stop, even if the story lines get a little repetitive. 


4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

My friend has called me Buffy trash, and I'm afraid it's true. I powered through this 7 season drama in about 4 weeks. The plot is in the name; this series is about 16 year old Buffy Summers, high school student by day, vampire slayer by night. It's a great show, if you can get past the cringeworthy 90's outfits and horrible CGI effects. And the finale was one of the most heartbreaking and amazing ones I've ever watched.

5. F.R.I.E.N.D.S

I think everyone has jumped on the Friends train since they finally added it to Netflix. It has become one of the most popular television shows of all time, and you can clearly see why. Revolving around 6 friends living in New York, it draws you in with quick witted humor and gets you to stay with lovable characters. I'm pretty sure every person who has ever watched it will tell you to watch it as well, so do I really need to say anymore?

6. How I Met Your Mother

HIMYM got a lot of bad hype after its controversial finale, but it's still a show worthy of several hours of binge watching. Some say it's very similar to Friends; it does revolve around 5 friends who also live in New York. Maybe that's what makes it such a good show, by modeling one of everyone's favorite sitcoms. HIMYM is told almost entirely through flashbacks, as Ted Mosby tells his kids the long and winding story of how he met their mother. So all the while through the jokes and hilarious story lines, there's this underlying question of who the mother is and when their paths are finally gonna cross. 

7. Charmed

Why are shows from the 90's just so good? Charmed is another show with horrendous fashion and outdated effects, but it's an amazing show nonetheless. Three sisters find out they come from a long line of witches, and they reluctantly take on the never ending job of protecting innocents from demons. It's a heartbreaking and addictive show, and you should definitely watch it. 

Honorable Mention - Doctor Who

Doctor Who is a fantastic show that definitely would have made this list if it had not been taken off Netflix earlier this year. The 2005 revival is an amazing sci-fi TV show, even if you aren't the biggest science fiction fan. I've never seen the earlier Doctor Who, and I've heard both good and bad things. 

What's your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix?

1 comments:

  1. wow this really helped me i was wondering what to watch

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Amazon Associates Disclosure

Haley is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Meet The Author

I'm Haley, a high school student from The United States who finally decided to put my love of writing towards something productive: writing a blog. I love to travel to new places, even though I don't get around to it as much as I'd like, and learn new languages, even though I don't practice as much as I should. Other than that I love good books, iced tea, and lying on the beach in June. You can usually find me in my bed watching The Office, track practice, or out eating good food with good friends. Hope you enjoy The Patient Passport!