My Ultimate Travel Bucket List {Part 1}


Travel bucket lists - I'm pretty sure we all have one, even if we don't consciously know it. Maybe you've been planning to backpack through Europe for ages, or have always dreamed of relaxing on Australia's sunny beaches. Today I'm gonna share 6 of the places I've always wanted to go.

1. Italy

Image courtesy of KEKO64 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Italy has been my #1 travel destination forever. I know it's a little broad, but there's just so many places I want to go - Venice, Florence, Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Sicily. I'd also love to go to the places where my ancestors were from; I've been trying to create my family tree, and records are extremely hard to find. My grandmother constantly tells me that the most reliable way to get that info would be to go to the churches in the towns where my family is from and to get the records directly from there. Aside from that, the beautiful coastline, delicious food and rich history is something I've always wanted to experience. 

2. Amsterdam

Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I've always thought Amsterdam was one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. I love the architecture, and the canals that weave through the city. Amsterdam seems like the kind of place where you don't plan activities to fill each day, but just wander through the parks and enjoy coffee outside of cute cafes. That being said, I'd also love to visit the Anne Frank House.

3. Thailand

Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Another really broad destination, but there's so many places to go in Thailand, why limit yourself to just one city or town? I would island hop on the West Coast, jumping from Phuket to Tub Island to Koh Phi Phi. And exploring Bangkok would be endlessly fascinating. Tiger Kingdom sounds amazing yet terrifying; tigers still seem awfully scary, even these friendly, hand-raised ones.

4. Machu Picchu

Image courtesy of Jeff Ratcliff at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

If there's one place in South America I'd like to see, it's the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu. Hiking the Inca Trail looks absolutely terrifying, but the gorgeous views would make it all worth it. 200 structures make up the amazing ruins, with stone terraces crisscrossing across them. 

5. Santorini

Image courtesy of Evgeni Dinev at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The unusual white buildings above the shimmering blue water looks like a paradise in Santorini, Greece. Cliff jumping at Amoudi Bay and strolling down the Red Beach are definitely on my to-do list, as well as shopping at the various markets and boutiques. 

6. Scottish Highlands

Image courtesy of phaendin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

A recent blog post by Girl vs Globe has made me long to explore the Scottish Highlands. Magical villages, enchanted forests, and ancient castles sounds like a fairytale adventure. And of course, I'd have to see the famous Lake Loch Ness (and Nessie) with my own two eyes. 


That's all for this post, but later this week I'll share the rest of my ultimate travel bucket list. What's on your travel bucket list?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Amazon Associates Disclosure

Haley is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Meet The Author

I'm Haley, a high school student from The United States who finally decided to put my love of writing towards something productive: writing a blog. I love to travel to new places, even though I don't get around to it as much as I'd like, and learn new languages, even though I don't practice as much as I should. Other than that I love good books, iced tea, and lying on the beach in June. You can usually find me in my bed watching The Office, track practice, or out eating good food with good friends. Hope you enjoy The Patient Passport!